Welcome to the Fries Festivals and Events Website!
The Town of Fries would like to welcome you to our festivals and events. Our festivals are located on the scenic New River at Riverside Park in downtown Fries.
If you would like to learn more about the Town of Fries click here.
If you are interested in the Fries Fiddlers' Convention please visit their website. That is an event hosted by the Fries Fire Department.
2016 Fries, VA Festival Dates
- May 21st - Henry Whitter Festival
- First Annual NROA SPRING SHOOTOUT Fishing Tournament April 16th 6:00am--4:00pm
- May 28th Cruise-In Fries Town Park 3:00pm-till dark CARS! MUSIC! FOOD!
- Fries MUSIC JAM Catch the Fun
- June 10th-18th Crooked Road Mountains Music
- June 16th Fries Va. Super Jam
- July 4th - Independence Day
- August 19th -20th - Fries Fiddlers' Convention
- September 17th - Festival by the River
- October 1st - New River Trail Races
- December 3rd - Christmas on the Mountain
Thank you, Joe Wilson, for coming to Fries, sitting at a table in the Corner Cafe, Here the concept for the Crooked Road was conceived.
A Part of the National Endowment for the Arts, Historian, and a lover of Old Time and Bluegrass Music
In Honor and Remembrance 0f:
Fries Community Center Renovating Committee
FRIES "RECREATION" CENTER RESTORATION
Mountains and Music CDs
For Sale $5.00
The proceeds from your purchase of CDs
will go toward the repair and renovation
of this 100 year old Recreational Building. It was built by the owner of
Washington Mills to meet the recreational and civic needs
of their employees and their families under one roof.
The building houses the Historic Theater,
Meeting Room and Kitchen,Library, Space for Offices and Swimming Pool
FRIES THEATER RENOVATION
Sending out a request for Special Quilts
Quilts that have a meaning to you as an individual citizen of Fries
A Quilt placed in Memory of a Special Fries Person
OR a Quilt with a story that you would like to share with everyone.
Your Quilts would be framed and perserved; with a plaque beneath each one,
to tell the Story or in Memory of Whomever,
placed on the walls of the FRIES THEATER for all that enters to enjoy.
Call: Kit Marshall (276) 237-5430
Example of Local Craftsman workmanship